27 January 2010

oomphing up your website

Today I just added a new feature to my websites: a box to the right with ever-changing photos from my flickr link.

As a photographer, I've found flickr to be a little more beneficial than I thought. It's been a great way to get feedback from total, unbiased strangers about my work. I've had requests from flickr groups to join their group. I've traded correspondence with others for whom my work has impacted in some way. I've gleaned inspiration for some of my own personal projects. I've encouraged others in their own personal vision. And, surprise, surprise, I've had requests from people who would like to use my work in communicating their own messages. Some have been from non-profits for crisis situations, like my work from the flood relief in Villahermosa, Mexico. Others have been from organizations with actual, dare I say, budgets for images.

So, while in the past few months I've let my flickr world lapse for a bit... I've recently been encouraged to get back in the groove with posting choice images there. In flickr world, they can inspire creativity, controversy, good will, and reap benefits both monetary and soulful!

If you'd like to boost your own website's visual appeal, you can check out the link on how to post a flick badge, either html or flash (which I've used at right). Enjoy! And let it spark your own creativity!

No comments:

Post a Comment