24 May 2009

Adobe licensing repair

Today I had an issue opening Photoshop CS4 on my Powerbook Pro running Leopard 10.5.7. I received the message: "Licensing for this product has stopped working" along with the error code 150:30. After visiting several different sites found on 'google' where no easy solution was given, I found the above link buried on the adobe website.

I followed it through to download Adobe's License Recovery app, and it worked like a charm. One caveat, the application opens in terminal mode. So, those who rely on pretty icons and easy to read type, take heart. Just know that when you enter your password, it does not show any placeholders for characters typed. Hit return anyway, and you're on your way.

2 comments:

  1. This is great - glad you have advanced your blogging. A Decent Birder

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'd bookmark this, because I know sooner or later I AM going to need it - but I'm going to do what I always do - take the lazy route and hunt you down when I'm desperate! Love the blog!

    ReplyDelete