24 May 2009

Welcome to my [click] life ...

This blog has been in the back of my mind for awhile. Often, it will seem like a stream of disconnected thoughts. But there will always be the single thread running through it all: my life as a photographer.

Entries could range from tough hurdles in a commercial assignment, a travelogue while on an NGO shoot, or the latest Adobe Lightroom workaround. Occasionally I may send out an e-blast on a current theme (most likely the travelogue variety), as it will hold interest for a majority of followers.

I'm an insatiable student posing more questions than answers. Without an opportunity for a formal photography education, I've been learning over the years from the amazing photographers [shout out: Dan, Jim, Paul, Tarek ...] with whom I've worked while an art director for a major hotel brand. Since becoming a freelance director, I've been taking on commercial projects as a photographer in my own right to carry me over when the art directing jobs are slow in coming. After all, I need something to help fund my true passion: documenting the work of NGOs all over the world.

Like my life as a photographer, blogging is a work in progress for me. I appreciate comments, encouragement, and criticism of a helpful nature.

Cheers, and thank you for reading!

1 comment:

  1. YEAH! I'm glad you are doing this blog! I will be reading! :)

    ReplyDelete